What is silicone leather?
Silicone is basically made out of sand, 100% extract from nature. Manufactured through a series of processes of polymerization and compounding before coating on the textile substrate. This gives consumers the same abundant varieties of different patterns and colors as PU or PVC leather, while its eco-friendly working process (VOC, solvent, odor all free) surpasses all conventional leatherette products. There are only a few manufacturers of silicone leather in the world. Silicone leather is also named as the Leather product of the Future Generation.
Why Silicone Leather is “Eco Friendly”
- Toxic free
- Not Bioaccumulative
- Solvent and VOC Free
- 100% extract from nature
- No skin irritant
- No water waste (no influence on BOD and COD)
- (BOD: biochemical oxygen demand, COD: chemical oxygen demand)
What are the advantages of Silicone leather
- Easy to clean / stain resistant
- Soft hand feel but durable surface
- Bacteria and mildew resistant
- No odor or hazardous smell
- Flame resistant
- Skin friendly
- Allergen free
- Kid and Pet friendly
- Outstanding hydrolysis resistance
- UV resistant
- Public area (cinemas, theatres etc)
- Health care (hospitals)
Summary of silicone leather
- Unlike PU/PVC, silicone is not plastic. Silicone does not contain plasticizers, phthalates, PFCs, BPA, PVC etc.
- Silicone is 100% extracted from nature and is also 100% recyclable.
- Silicone Leather can be customized in a lot of patterns and colors. Minimum to run can be as low as 100 yards. Width is 54” which provides a good yield for products.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
- Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device